- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest – we will send you a personal invitation to register for the event.
- RSVP to the invitation.
- Wait for confirmation of a space (unfortunately, spaces are limited and we are not able to guarantee that all those who register will get a ticket).
Want to know why you should attend? Read on.
Towards a Sustainable UK will be the catalyst for domestic action to set the UK on the path to sustainability, gathering 100 politicians, chief executives, practitioners, and academics to make the Sustainable Development Goals a reality in the UK and build new partnerships for delivery. You can find an outline of the conference programme below.
The conference will be launched with two keynote speeches from internationally respected leaders in the field of sustainable development:
- Jeffrey Sachs Director of the Earth Institute, Columbia University
- Sir David King Special Representative for Climate Change and Chairman of Future Cities Catapult
Closing remarks will be given by Jonathon Porritt CBE, Founder Director and Trustee, Forum for the Future.
We also are thrilled to host a panel with five top figures in the field of sustainable development who will share their work and opinions on UK priorities.
- Katherine Purvis Global Development Professionals Network, The Guardian (facilitator)
- Sophie Howe Future Generations Commissioner for Wales
- Kate Raworth Senior Visiting Research Associate, University of Oxford
- Barbara Crowther Director of Policy and Public Affairs, Fairtrade Foundation
- Juliet Davenport OBE CEO, Good Energy
- Anna Easton Sustainable Business Director, BT
The UKSSD Conference 2016 will be structured around a series of breakout sessions led by experts in sustainable development across the public, private and third sector. The breakout sessions will focus on cross-cutting and thematic areas of the Sustainable Development Goals delivered by UKSSD Partners. Provisionally these include:
- a narrative for the SDGs
- measuring progress on the SDGs
- the role of the private sector in SDG delivery
- engaging youth on the SDGs
- the SDGs and systems thinking and solutions
- sustainable cities and urbanisation
- sustainable consumption and production patterns
- ensuring policy coherence for sustainable development
- the SDGs in education
- climate change and social justice
The day will be closed by an informal drinks reception.
Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, has agreed to support UKSSD by providing their Conference venue and catering at 80 The Strand, London.