UK Stakeholders for Sustainable Development (UKSSD) is an open platform that supports public, private and voluntary organisations working towards sustainable development in the UK.
UKSSD’s mission is to inspire and support all stakeholders to transform the UK into a sustainable society. We will achieve this by:
- Generating new partnerships and innovative solutions for sustainable development by convening and co-ordinating stakeholders from all sectors; and
- Providing thought leadership on the benefits for the UK resulting from action for sustainable development and the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
How UKSSD is distinct from other network
- UKSSD is truly multi-stakeholder
It encompasses academics, businesses, NGOs, and government at all levels. This fosters innovative solutions development challenges, drawing on diverse expertise.
- UKSSD provides opportunities to engage with government
The network is able to draw on well established relationships with UK Government and the Devolved Administrations to facilitate open dialogue for UKSSD members.
- UKSSD membership is free and requires no commitments
This means that any investment in the network – whether of finance or capacity – is entirely discretionary, allowing for varying organisational capacities and interests.